Welcome to IPhs
The Independent Pinto Horse Society Incorporated invites applications for Pinto Registration, Foundation Pinto or Pintaloosa Registration from horses or ponies in Australia that meet our requirements.
Our Pinto & Pintaloosa registries are color registries - we do not accept solid horses or ponies (refer to Foundation Pinto requirements for solid Pintos)
Each registry is a separate registry, no registered Foundation Pinto nor registered Pintaloosa is permitted to show in regular Pinto classes; wherever possible classes for Pintaloosa and or Foundation Pintos may be provided if possible.
What sets the Independent Pinto Horse Society apart from other Australian Pinto Societies?
* IPHS accepts memberships and registrations from all states - you do not have to reside in a particular state to be able to join and register your horse or pony. This is of particular benefit should you move from one state to another.
* IPHS does not require proof of breeding for registration applications - see our color requirements page.
* There are no color or height restrictions - as long as your Pinto has a broken colored coat pattern you can apply for Pinto registration with the Independent Pinto Horse Society.
* IPHS will not run any show/event open to registered pintos and financial members (eg a National Pinto Show) but exclude entries from those residing in other states or holding registration/s from a different society.
* IPHS is approved for Royal Shows.
* IPHS sponsors and supports Show Societies, Breed Shows and other groups that cater for registered pintos across Australia.
IPHS encourages members and their IPHS registered horses to participate in their chosen equestrian discipline - from the show ring to the showjumping arena, from dressage to sporting, eventing, barrel racing, pony club etc.... to find out more just click on the 'Annual Awards' tab.
*Please be aware that some states have specific requirements regards Pinto memberships and registrations - participation in some Pinto shows may be restricted to a particular assn/society and some Pinto assns/societies may not recognize another pinto society/assn registration if it does not meet their specifications. IPHS recommends checking the rules for any Pinto Show you may consider attending in case there may be restrictions/exclusions.
You will find all the information for membership, registration, awards nomination etc on this site by clicking on each tab. Membership is required to register horses with IPHS. Pintos or any iPHS registered horse may only be exhibited by a financial member; either the owner, associate member or another financial member.
We welcome inquiries and are happy to have you email the office at IPHS_pintos@outlook.com
Or you can call us if you would prefer:
President - Sandie Johnson 0448 434 142
Secretary - Kelly Burgess 0439 408 716
THE COLOURFUL PINTO ... TRULY UNIQUE - ALWAYS FUN